Image Map

October 2, 2012

Tutorial: Sayoko Ozaki Inspired Eye Look

Hey there~

It's been a long time since I last made a makeup tutorial. I was supposed to figure out how to use these lashes (reviewed here) a long time ago and said with those lashes, it's either "go big or go home" haha So I thought that a heavier eye makeup look would suit the lashes a lot better! 

So the one whom I took inspiration from for this tutorial is Sayoko Ozaki:



I think she is absolutely GORGEOUS.

I apologize ahead of time since this is just inspired by her and not a tutorial for her actual look.
Sayoko was chosen for inspiration because she sports the elongated cat eye look, and these lashes are long and angled to make one's eyes appear longer.

So let's get to it!

1. apply a shimmer brown color in the area shown (entire lid and above the inner corner)
2. add a darker shade of brown to the area below your crease
3. darken the lash line using a darker brown or black
4. blend the eye shadows
5. apply the darkest shade to below your lash line
6. line your top eyelid close to the lash line
7. create the outline for a long wing
8. fill in the wing
9. line the lower lash line and smoke it out with a dark eye shadow
10. apply mascara to top and bottom lashes, focus more on bottom lashes
11. apply long wispy upper lashes
12. apply lower lashes
13. highlight brow bone and add any finishing touches

And done!

FINAL LOOK

Products Used:
Eye Shadow - BH Cosmetics 88 color palette Matte & Too Faced Smokey Eye Collection
Eyeliner - Maybelline Eye Studio Gel liner
Mascara - Elizabeth Arden Ceramide Lash Extending Treatment Mascara

Eyelashes:
Top: After-Bright Long-Short Luxuriant Eyelashes 
Bottom: Dolly Wink Eyelashes No. 5 Real Nude

Lenses:
Puffy 3 Tones Brown (review)




haha I was in my pj's when I did this so excuse the background and what I was wearing ^^''

Okie~ So I'm seriously contemplating on whether or not I should try and make video tutorials as I have a new camera. I know there are people out there who prefer picture tutorials but... I don't know >.< I would like to try it out though, it seems fun!


Anywho,
I hope you guys liked this tutorial, let me know your thoughts ^^







53 comments:

  1. really cute ♥ I am inspired to try this out as well! :3

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look so pretty in the final pictures! Thankyou for the tutorial. :]

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post :) I think the look suits you really really well and love the lenses :) I agree..she is super pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. chichicho chichichoOctober 2, 2012 at 6:46 PM

    pretty pretty~

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wowza, that lady is so pretty!Nice tutorial. I've seen the elongated cat eye a couple times and i've wanted to try out that sort of look. You should try out a video tutorial! I'm sure it'd be fun.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You did a great job on this look! I love dark eye make up looks. I also love the lens you paired it up with.

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow looking good! i was just reading the other comments below and yeah you should totally make it into a video tutorial!

    http://vodka-latte.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a great post, my dear!
    You have awesome blog.
    we can follow each other via gfc (+bloglovin and fb) if u want:)




    Kisses,


    www.nicoleta.me

    ReplyDelete
  9. the make up looks so cute :3
    by the way I really would like to see some outfit pictures of yours ^.^

    http://cookiecatsworld.blogspot.de/

    ReplyDelete
  10. holy crap that makes your eyes look SUPER huge. I LOVE IT LOL

    ReplyDelete
  11. you really did a good job! :D you are so patient with those thumbnail tutorials. im so lazy when it comes to those. lol.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You did an incredible job of emulating her look. You look gorgeous with this makeup~~


    Liz
    chewylove.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. I always thought she was one of the most gorgeous Japanese models! such a pretty look, you got her bold heavy eyes perfectly :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Christina !
    Long time I couldn't come here ! What a surprise... I didn't recognize you at first ^^'


    Well... Thank you for this tutorial ! It's really good for this look =3
    I'll maybe try it =D

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am in love with your awesome make up tutorial every time <3
    U look super gorgeous Dear!~ ^__^

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks Katherine! And you are very welcome ^^

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thank you ^^ ISN'T SHE!? like.. seriously, gorgeous. haha

    ReplyDelete
  18. haha ain't she? ;D You would suit the elongated cat eye for sure! Your eyes are really nice ^^ And I'll try! I just need to find a tripod D: lol

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thank you! I also really like darker looks ^^

    ReplyDelete
  20. thanks! I think I'll try and do that, I've been wanting to for the longest time!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thank you~ I wanted to take some ootd's too, but I don't know where my tripod is D: I gotta search for it >,<

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thank you :) It definitely takes patience haha but it's worth it :P

    ReplyDelete
  23. thank you! I was afraid that it wouldn't work out as my eye shape are so different from hers ;___;

    ReplyDelete
  24. My exact thoughts! I seriously would think she is one of the most gorgeous women (to me) lol And thank you :) I hoped it would look similar at least ^^''

    ReplyDelete
  25. HEY!! I wondered were you went! haha And makeup does wonders to transform how people look :P
    You're welcome, hope you can try it out ^^


    (ps. U-KISS - Stop girl is amazingggg <3 ;D)

    ReplyDelete
  26. thank you ^^ because of comments like these I feel motivated! :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. So pretty!





    ox from NYC!


    davie+erica





    LPFashionPhilosophy

    ReplyDelete
  28. You are insanely gorgeous!!! I LOVE your tutorial!!!

    ReplyDelete
  29. I love how the smokey eye make up brighten up your entire looks! I'll try this kind of eyemake someday! Thank you :)

    ReplyDelete
  30. amazing tut, girl... although i cannot wear that kind of makeup cause i look caucasian -.-"
    btw followed ya :D hope you'll follow back ;)

    http://haruhiism00.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  31. Oh wow!! i love your eye make up :D

    ReplyDelete
  32. Sayoko Ozaki is gorgeous! Great post!! :)

    www.colorfulexistence.com

    ReplyDelete
  33. *^^* THANKS! What a compliment! haha I'm glad you liked it :)

    ReplyDelete
  34. I love smokey eyes so it'd be great if you do try :D

    ReplyDelete
  35. Thank you :) And girrrrrl you don't gotta be Asian to wear this! Makeup is universal ;D haha
    I followed ^^ And I noticed you like cosplay!!

    ReplyDelete
  36. i loveee this tutorial! you look sexy ~ even in your pj's haha!!

    ReplyDelete
  37. She is GORGEOUS but then again, so are you darling!! I love your eyes :D

    ReplyDelete
  38. HAHAHA ohlala thanks for letting me know ;D
    And glad you liked it~

    ReplyDelete
  39. She sure is!! And oh gosh~~ haha thank you so much *^^*

    ReplyDelete
  40. i think it came out looking very wonderful. i would say how she wears her fake lashes are so key to this look. oh and darling, just wondering, did you receive the giveaway yet?


    http://www.loveforschoolgirl.net/xx rae

    ReplyDelete
  41. Thank you :) And yes I did! I wanted to do a small post on it actually ^^ The eye mask for sleeping is so cute! Thanks once again :)

    ReplyDelete
  42. Haha many things happened to me so it was difficult to come on blogspot =/ But I come back now *o*


    Yeahhh U-KISS !! I was so happy when I learned there would be a comeback soon ! But... Even if I'm still a fan I don't really like this song. I like watching them for the live. They always are so good dancers ! In fact, since last week, I'm listening BTOB - Wow XD

    ReplyDelete
  43. nice tutorial! great photos too!


    http://ilovemakeup68.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis