Image Map

October 14, 2012

Scam 2: "Modelling" for Global Link International

*This is a lengthy post because I'm including all their emails and replies!

Ohhhh gosh... so this post is just for those who may have been contacted too and are searching up information. It might possibly help if they went googling up this modelling offer and this post showed up.




Okay, so I was contacted by email from "Adele Brian (adelebrian002@yahoo.co.uk)" with the subject as your face for a billboard advert campaign. And the email at first seemed pretty legit at first:
EMAIL #1 
Hello,
We are offering a great prospect that we fill would interest you. My company is interested in using your face for an advert job. We currently have a billboard advert campaign and your picture profile was chosen. Before we go ahead we would need your approval. Do send all replies to adelebrian002@yahoo.co.uk.
Regards,
Adele.
So I was skeptical from the get go so I replied requesting for more information and what their "company" was.
EMAIL #2   
Good day Christina,
  The profile selected was sent by a third party company.  They look through sites like Facebook, MySpace and MM to identify a profile that is suitable for billboard advertising.  We do not involved in erotic or top less images.  We explained in our previous email that our client who contracted this job to us  produces international telephone cards.
  This is a serious offer and to demonstrate how serious we are, you wouldn't pay any money.  However, as this is a paid job, you will be paid for this assignment,  the photo session would hold in a photographer's studio close to your city.  Let us know if you are interested,so we can send you more information.
Best regards,
Adele.

They still did not provide enough information about this "offer" so I once again replied. They emailed me back with:

EMAIL #3 
Good day,
   Thanks for getting back to us. This is an advert job, so you do not need to be a model in order to qualify, anyone can do an advert job, provided that your face match what we are looking for.  The total contract package for this Advertisement job is $30,000, but you are entitled to 35% of the total contract package, further payment terms and details will be discussed in subsequent emails.  We would want your face to appear in our client (Global Link International) advert campaign. The company is involved in international calling cards around UK and Europe. If you are accepted, your picture would be one of the faces for their new International calling cards and billboards. Find all details for the job below.
JOB LOCATION
    Since we can not use the pictures from the social network website, we would need to take fresh photos. The photo shoot will be held at a rented photographer’s studio near you, so you don’t have to worry about travelling abroad, the name and address of the studio would be forwarded to you before the date of the shoot, all make up will be taken care of at the studio. You can also come along with any body of your choice on the day of the shoot, your family or personal manager.
JOB DETAILS
     You have 4 different outfits to wear; this would be provided by our client on the day of the shoot.  Note that your hair would need to be without any artificial hair colour.
TYPES OF CLOTHES
Casual
EXPECTATIONS
   An advert job can be done by anybody, it all depends on if your picture match the kind of look we are searching for.  Do get in touch with us if you will take the job so that we can start up from there. You would pay absolutely no commission, no personal cost to yourself.
Regards,
Adele.

Alright, so at this point I was 99.9% sure this was a scam so I googled up Global Link International. There wasn't anything as regards to calling cards or anything and I even came across a little facebook page with people commenting on how they too have been contacted. However, it was through a different name.. but the emails they received was the exact same and the email addresses also were similar. 

So... I emailed them again, shoot, I had time too so I wanted to see if they would be able to provide me with info to back up this "offer" of theirs.

EMAIL #4 
Hello ,
   Thanks for getting back. Yes, you can check us up at our web based address at www.wolfmodels.com, though our website is presently under re-construction, but you can keep checking it from time to time and you will see all our previous work as soon as the engineers are done fixing it.  We would never be involved in copyright issues, this is why we make it as a duty to inform you before using your pictures.  More so this is an advert campaign.  What we do is tp identify a profile/portfolio which is good enough to be used for a  advert campaign, you do not need to be a professional model to be picked.  We cannot use the pictures on the social networking sites, as we would arrange a photo session at a studio near you.  You would be paid for this job.  Please look out for further details from our admin department.  Their email is .
Congratulations once again,
Adele.

So I searched up this website of theirs and oh-to-my-surprise the site really was "under re-construction." While looking up wolf models I also came across a blog post with the exact same email content. It was a scam alllright. I have no idea what they'd get out of this... abduction? money? Who knows, but in the end they are benefiting somehow.

So my last reply to them was simply that I am not going to take up their offer due to my research on their advert and the results were scams. Soooo... I don't know how long this has been going on for but the main point is.. beware of offers! Look into everything and be on guard because over the internet many people do get recognized and scouted, however, there are that many predators too.





THE END.






Oh btw, I've finally found my tripod!! It was way up in a high spot I never would've looked and collected dust >> I'll play around with it and try and find a good spot for ootd's :3 Not that my outfits have been interesting or anything recently .___. haha

Kk, well have a good day guys!
Be careful, stay safe~

31 comments:

  1. Wow... The email sounded fishy from the get-go! It's a good thing that you caught on really early. c: Thanks for taking the time to warn us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its good that you looked into that. Haha I have watched way too many lifetime movies where young girls get offered modeling jobs and they get sold into sexual slavery and stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds fishy. They kept repeating themselves and really what did they want? Weird. You are pretty enough to model though :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Omg stupid people..living is scary~~

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's kinda scary! I'm glad you did your research and declined.

    ReplyDelete
  6. lol I got that too and didn't even respond.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That sound so sketchy! It was a good choice to research them first.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for sharing this and keeping us informed.

    I have an ongoing giveaway btw. Hope you guys can join: http://cosplayrune.blogspot.com/2012/10/cosplay-runes-first-anniversary.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow so glad you realised it was a scam. personally as soon as I pick up a grammatical or spelling error I immediately know something's up. so when I instantly saw "fill" instead of "feel" I knew it was dodgy! :/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Scams!!! Becareful, the first email looked fake to me, no company that is professional will not include their business name, website etc. Plus the email looks fake. Thanks for sharing ^^

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow!!! Seriously! hahaha.Its a good thing you were wise enough to do some research!


    Love,NytfromBIG hair LOUD mouth

    ReplyDelete
  12. hmm interesting. so many companies are like that these days! like, do they think people don't do their research or do they think bloggers don't talk to eachother!? ah well, some people must have fallen for it or else they wouldn't comtinue to do it i guess

    ReplyDelete
  13. Haha i know right? But I was still curious.. so I replied LOL

    ReplyDelete
  14. LOL that would be a story AND A HALF if that happened to me D: I've heard of so many instances like that too, better safe than sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Righhht? They wouldn't answer my questions lol I have no idea either.. maybe they DO get money in a way if you fall for it. And d'ohhh shucks ~( *^-^*) LOL

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm glad I did too, usually I'd ignore this kind of email.. but I was curious lol

    ReplyDelete
  17. LOL nice x) I was curious about it so I replied anyways haha

    ReplyDelete
  18. Very sketchy, once they mentioned the pay amount and "free" and stuff.. it was waaaay off being legit :X

    ReplyDelete
  19. I wanted to contribute to exposing stupid scams like this >> So that hopefully no one will have to fall into it! I'll be checking out the giveaway, thanks ^^

    ReplyDelete
  20. True... grammar is something I'm usually picky about too, but I was curious and replied haha

    ReplyDelete
  21. VERY true! What person has to ask for proof right? Sigh, waste of time =.= but it satisfied my curiosity lol

    ReplyDelete
  22. Haha I wouldn't want to dive into something dangerous :X

    ReplyDelete
  23. SO MANY! And I thought that too, blogs and reviews.. and google have so much information about things so exposing scams and finding info on them is so easy. But like you said, it's working :/ So they just keep on going.

    ReplyDelete
  24. What do they get out of it? They're just wasting your time and their time! I thought it was weird when they typed 'fill' instead of 'feel'. Once, a friend of mine replied to scams with a bunch of rubbish like 'I want only red M&Ms during the photoshoot and the photographer must wear pink'. It was hilarious! XD


    ♡ M.May

    ReplyDelete
  25. Stupid people going around scamming people. They need to be burn with... fire. >:(

    ReplyDelete
  26. Ick-- creepers on the web. :/ Glad you're smart enough to look out and check up on folks emailing you with offers~. o:

    There should be some kind of website where people can post about different 'people'/'companies' that do this...

    ReplyDelete
  27. love this post and also your blog! It's so nice!!! I follow
    you!


    Pass to my blog and if it likes you follow me too, I will be
    so glad :D


    kisses


    http://francescagiusti.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  28. That is so weird. Not only do they have horrible grammar (the first sentence even says "we fill" instead of "we feel"), but the fact that they do their "business" with people who submit random photos from facebook is totally shady. We really don't need to hear more stories of young women getting kidnapped by fake agencies! D:

    ReplyDelete
  29. yeah, scams are everywhere these days...it's pretty scary. thanks for sharing your experience -- i'll definitely keep my eye out!
    and congrats on finding your tripod! i have yet to find mine =..= it's somewhere.........in my house.....lol

    alex @ carouselstreet.com

    ReplyDelete
  30. THey seems crazy, and personally I don't reply "sponsors or company email address which do not provide a real company email address". I am glad that you searched about them and not get scammed >_<

    They seriously use their time for scamming... hate them~~

    ReplyDelete
  31. I got this too. It is obviously a scam, but I still can't figure out what the angle is. Very bizarre. Usually these types of scams involve them paying you with a phony money order or something. I can't understand what they are trying to do to get you with this one.

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis