Image Map

September 13, 2012

Lens Review: I. Fairy Venus Red


Two posts in one day, wooowie!

And yes thass right, these are red lenses B)
How many of you are drawn to it? I guess it may be a love it or hate it because of how unnatural and "freaky" it could be. But I think they they are awesome!!

Now for these lenses, I really thought what suited them best was a darker makeup look ^^



Filters were obviously used for this pic :P the original one will be below the full face portion of the review for clearer representation of the lenses.
(click HERE for link to lens)
Lens Detail:
Lens Info:

Diameter: 16.2 mm

Base Curve: 8.6mm
Duration: 1 year disposable
Power Available: 0.00 to -8.50
Water Content: 55%

Natural Light
Indoor
 Flash

More photos:
Before&After


Color&Design:   
Love Love LOVE! They are actually red and show up clearly even though the lenses are run over with a black lace design. Which is also another point of which I adore. Lace!! There are two tones of red, a darker and lighter one. The red is a true red, not slightly pink or anything of that sort. Strictly red. 

Enlargement: 
Diameter: 16.2mm
These enlarge!! You can tell by the comparison photo above. Okay, so they are stated as 16.2mm but there are controversies about how big contacts can be. However, as they they are stated as 16.2mm I am leaving it as that for now. 

Comfort:    
Super comfy and they better be since they are lenses with 55% water content. I felt no irritation and even though the diameter is large, they did not bother my eyes. 

Overall:  
Can I say that I love them again? The only reason I docked off one star is because they are difficult to wear on a daily basis for me. However, the color is amazing and so is the design and comfort. A perfect pair for cosplaying! *hint hint* They are my first ever pair of red lenses and I love them to bits ^^ 

Full Face:



Because I am a huuuuuuge fan of the visual kei look (and don't forget the bands!) this look was inspired by them. And just for the heck of it here is another photo where I played around with the look ^^

Yes, I liked it even though my facial expression isn't the best. My shirt totally did not match either but oh wells~ Any one else out there who loves visual kei!? 



Hope I don't scare anyone away ._____.'' haha




Till the next post,
bye bye



-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This is a sponsored review with my own personal thoughts and opnions.
Lenses were sent to me by lensvillage.com for review purposes. 
10% discount code: 10THT

43 comments:

  1. the lenses looks like sharingan haha
    good review
    kiss

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these on you!They go so incredibly well with your hair looking sort of reddish. I also really like your makeup!Red lenses scare me at the moment. I think they'd look wayyy too vampy on me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Intense :) Love the makeup look and I've never tried Visual kei. Very gothic :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't tried red circle lenses before but the design is really beautiful! I think it'd be great for Halloween, hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  5. those lenses are crazy! reminds me of sasuke from Naruto. haha Love how you did the dark vixen makeup to match it !


    By the way, I am having a giveaway with beauty products from Asia. Hope you'll get a chance to check it out ^_^http://www.mishialamode.com/2012/09/gifts-from-asia-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. You look super visual kei-ish! And the red lens look real good on you! I shall try pulling off visual kei look one day! Hahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those lens might not be good for everyday but good for cosplay though!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh wow! These are perfect for Halloween!! These look great on you~

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow, that lens suits your entire makeup look!

    ReplyDelete
  10. the design looks awesome and the color is quite opaque!!! :D <3

    ReplyDelete
  11. wow ^-^ the lenses and the make up look so intense :)

    http://cookiecatsworld.blogspot.de/

    ReplyDelete
  12. omg crazy cool! i used to have red lenses for when i went to visual kei concerts. so much fun! you pull off the look so well <333 hottie!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hahahaa I always wanted sharingan eyes :3

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks!! I think you'd look like a darn sexy vampire if anyone asks me ;D

    ReplyDelete
  15. I really like the gothic styles so it was nice ^^ Would you try visual kei makeup? I'd love to see if you do ;) haha

    ReplyDelete
  16. The design is nice :) And they have other colors too, but I just really wanted red :P

    ReplyDelete
  17. oooh thank you, thank you! Oh em GEE if you do I so want to see! I'll be so in love with that post xD

    ReplyDelete
  18. haha thus the *hint hint* I really plan to.. for november because we have a animecon that month kekeke

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thank you! They are a good lens for cosplaying too! haha There's a 2day anime convention in November! I think I want to dress up :P

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thank you! I really liked these lenses with this look ^^

    ReplyDelete
  21. Which is surprising! They showed up a lot better than I expected :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. I am so jelly!! One of my dreams is to go to a visual kei band's concert! And wow, I'd love to see you with red lenses! And haha thank you~~

    ReplyDelete
  23. You look amazing! I'm following you now :)
    http://anna-and-klaudia.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. i love it!! you look so fierce!! rawrrr!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  25. they look soo cool!! *__* I love how vibrant the color is and they fit you really well!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Thank you! I went to your blog and I liked it :3
    You've gained a new follower as well!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Haha thanks! I wanted to look mean, or unapproachable.. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  28. Heehee don't they? :D And thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Very intensed. Not something I'd try myself, but with the right makeup, you pulled it off so well. Btw, mad love your tattoo tights (post below)

    ReplyDelete
  30. cute blog! follow each other mybe?;)
    love,

    jovin-valicia.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  31. Thank you :) Yes! These are very intense for everyday wear haha And thanks!! I'm in love with tattoo tights too! Too bad it was Engrish D:

    ReplyDelete
  32. I LUVVV red lenses <3 and these look myterious and awesome on you!! the make-up matches perfectly <3

    ReplyDelete
  33. This lens has such a pretty design! I love it. The colour is great, too.

    ReplyDelete
  34. These red lenses look really cool!! My first thought when I saw them on you is that it reminded me so much of Hyuna in the 4 minute "Volume Up" mv. I think these will be perfect for Halloween!!!


    Liz
    chewylove.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  35. Ooooh yeah and I do too B) Thank you so much Jenniferrrr!

    ReplyDelete
  36. It does! Lace all the way~ haha
    And I really do love the red color as well ^^

    ReplyDelete
  37. I love them! haha and Oooh I forgot Hyuna had red eyes in that MV! haha

    ReplyDelete
  38. omo~you look really mysterious&&.intriguing with the red lens! <3
    gonna put this on the list of things2buy ^ ^ great review btw~~

    http://flyawaynini.blogspot.co.nz/

    ReplyDelete
  39. Thank you! But it's all thanks to the lenses that give me the look! haha They are a great pair of lenses ^^

    ReplyDelete
  40. Lol in fact when I saw the first pictures... Yes, you scared me xD But... I want to wear it for Halloween xD

    ReplyDelete
  41. haha! They are a good lens for dressing up that's for sure x)

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis