Image Map

August 1, 2012

Review: EyeCandyLens + GEO Mari Gold Brown

Here it isss~

As I mentioned before, Eyecandylens sent me two pairs of lenses to review and the first one of the two I will be reviewing these lovely contacts:

(click title for link)

Ulzzang Do Hwe Ji wearing the lenses



Lens Info:
Brand: GEO
Origin: South Korea
Water content: 42%
Diameter: 14.2 mm
Base Curve: 8.6
Duration: 1 year disposable
Natural Light
Indoor Light
Flash

Both Eyes (Flash)

Color&Design: 
For a natural lens, this does the job well. The effect is still quite dolly as these lenses make your iris a lot more defined and the lens color makes your eyes darker. A dark chocolate color to be exact. What I love about these most though, is that there are little gold flecks near the center of the lens!! And it's visible when worn too. The flecks slightly glimmer and shine in the light which is quite pretty.

Enlargement: 
Diameter: 14.2mm
If I had to be unbiased, this would probably receive that amount of stars for this category. These are labelled as 14.2mm which is quite standard. So enlargement isn't the main focus of getting these lenses I presume.

Comfort: 
I must say that the comfort of these lenses are quite average, leaning towards the comfy side. My eyes begin to dry out after about 4-5 hours of wearing these. Which is quite normal for me.

Overall: 
I think these are good for a cute (ulzzang) look and if you want something on the natural side. If you want something a little different, the gold flecks are a good addition to these lenses. 

Full Face Spam:
haha

So if you are interested in these lenses you can check them out by clicking the link below:

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Ok, now for a quick review for the shop itself.

Communication & Staff:
I thought they were really nice. Chloe was the one who contacted me and she promptly replied to my emails.

Shipping:
I was given a tracking number for the parcel. I like that because I can hound on them 24/7 without having to worry about where they are haha The shipping time took about 2 weeks to arrive, but this differs depending on your location.

They ship worldwide and offer a faster alternative for shipping as well.

Packaging:
My package came in the typical yellow/brown parcel with it's insides layered with bubble wrap. The lenses were in cute little pink boxes that were also bubble wrapped. I received a card from them to track my lenses and the expiry date as well as a small user care guide. With this I also received two plain white lens cases.


Overall, I am pleased with Eyecandylens
And just for extra, they created a banner for my readers along with the code "THTCHRISTINA"

You guys get a free surprise gift each time you order! (no minimum order needed)
Pffft, even I don't get a mystery gift >> LOL

Anywho~ That's that, I have one more from them to review and will do that after I get a good feel of them ^^

Chao~






57 comments:

  1. These lenses look really natural , love these! ^^

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! And they are very natural and not too big :) So I'm happy happy *^^*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhh Pretty :) It looks super natural and beautiful on you <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how natural these are! They look similar to the GEO bella lenses I'm about to try! ^___^ Your poses are so cute too! XD

    ReplyDelete
  5. could we take the auto play music bar off? im not sure about others but generally its hard to read a blog with music blasting in the backround.. and when u click pause it continues to auto load :/

    ReplyDelete
  6. haha these look extremely natural! I'll have to consider them as my next pair of natural lenses to buy~

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh they do look alike! Aww hope you will like your lenses ^^
    And thank you! haha

    ReplyDelete
  8. haha I thought about it before but thanks for reminding me, but I kept the bar and turned off the auto tune :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are really nice! They work as a natural pair and the gold flecks make them slightly different :3

    ReplyDelete
  10. the lenses look so natural, i love the little gold flecks :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. They might be subtle, but damn they look fine. I've never heard of the series before, I love the gold freckles!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Super prettyyyy!The gold speckles are a really nice touch. And for being only 14.2mm they look pretty big!

    ReplyDelete
  13. The size of them aren't too big too, so that helps in them looking natural too haha And the gold flecks are awesomee!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I never heard of them either! But I noticed them while browsing through the site :) What caught me was also the gold haha

    ReplyDelete
  15. Rightttt? They do seem to enlarge more than expected for size so I'm glad it's 14.2mm haha Darker lenses tend to enlarge more imo

    ReplyDelete
  16. wooow!! I love the lens Christina!!!! :D It looks so natural!! fabulous!!! :D you're so pretty like a doll as ever! <3

    ReplyDelete
  17. wow the lens looks so pretty and natural.. and i think the enlargement is quite good too, suitable for ulzzang look. shiny shiny eyes :D

    ReplyDelete
  18. wow the lens looks so pretty and natural, it looks fabulous on you!!! <3 :D

    ReplyDelete
  19. omg I've never heard of metalic lenses!!! This is like the best idea ever~ gotta get these for sure!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Haha yes, shiny shiny *^^* The enlargement is perfect I'd say, not too big or small!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I think they are fairly new! I always wanted something gold or silver in a lens, now there is one! haha

    ReplyDelete
  22. They look so beautiful! When I saw the promo pics for these I thought the gold flecks were just gimicky, but they look really good in your photos!

    ReplyDelete
  23. So natural and bright!
    You look totally like a
    'uzzlang' c;

    xx
    http://icepandora.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. Nice! I love the subtle gold sparkles! They would look nice on a date and the guy would look at the sparkle on your eyes <3

    ReplyDelete
  25. It looks... magical *_*

    http://blog.dawnelia.com/

    ReplyDelete
  26. Ahhh i Love these! 14.2mm? AWESOME :)))

    ReplyDelete
  27. wahh so pretty

    ReplyDelete
  28. thank youuuu! I tried xD I think ulzzangs are so darn cute lol

    ReplyDelete
  29. I wasn't too sure about the flecks either, I thought "obviously photoshopped =.= '' but they actually are metallic flecks.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Haha "I see the twinkle in your eyes" lmao so corny but it'd be trueee xD

    ReplyDelete
  31. They are :3 Love the gold flecks!

    ReplyDelete
  32. wow thank you for the review!! i now have the idea where to buy lenses.. and i like this kind of color,


    check out my blog and follow me if you like :)


    http://cupofpinktea.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  33. oh really lovely brown color. subtle and pretty, thanks for sharing they look great on you!


    xx rae


    loveforschoolgirl.net

    ReplyDelete
  34. You're welcome :) There are plenty of shops but reviews and recommendations don't hurt haha

    ReplyDelete
  35. Thank you! The brown blends in really well too ^^

    ReplyDelete
  36. Aww these are very natural yet pretty, Christina! By the way I always love seeing your selcas, you're so gorgeous :3

    ReplyDelete
  37. WOW those lens are so natural! I'm a big fan on natural lens at the moment and those still bring out your eyes with a slight enlargement but still natural looking. Thanks for sharing love! xx

    ReplyDelete
  38. I like them, they look very natural ^-^
    Love * Monstros no Armário

    ReplyDelete
  39. Awwww Thanks ;U; I try! haha
    And these are my new go to lenses for natural brown eyes ^^

    ReplyDelete
  40. Same! Though I still like really bright ones too haha, but these are much easier for me to wear since I don't wear too much eye makeup :)

    ReplyDelete
  41. I like them too~~ hahah
    I like how they are natural without enlarging too much as well

    ReplyDelete
  42. hey i have a question, how did you get sponsored by eyecandylens? i would love to be sponsored too.

    ReplyDelete
  43. Hi! I was just contacted by them through email :)

    ReplyDelete
  44. It looks so natural XD and I like the diameter just 14.2mm , so nice!

    ReplyDelete
  45. lucky girl! i would love to do circle lens reviews too *0*

    ReplyDelete
  46. I like this diameter too, it's just right :3

    ReplyDelete
  47. Maybe one day you will be able to!

    ReplyDelete
  48. woah beautiful lenses!! they have this kind of sparkle in them that i like a lot .__.

    ReplyDelete
  49. Haha circle lenses are supposed to give the sparkle, teary eye look, this one literally has the sparkle! haha

    ReplyDelete
  50. The lenses are so gorgeous~ First thing of the name Mari Gold Brown kinda sounded a bit like
    "Merry go Round"~ Hehe~ I love how they are in your eyes and also sparkling~ Gorgeous ^^

    ReplyDelete
  51. Aren't they~ ^^ You are so right! it does sound like merry go round haha

    ReplyDelete
  52. Beautiful lenses, you are gorgeous. Does it still look good even without makeup?

    ReplyDelete
  53. Thank You ^^ I'd say that they still look quite good without makeup :) Because they are on the natural side.

    ReplyDelete
  54. Hello there! This is my 1st comment here so I just wanted to give a quick
    shout out and tell you I genuinely enjoy reading your blog posts.
    Can you suggest any other blogs/websites/forums that
    cover the same topics? Thanks!

    My web blog :: acoustic guitar a chord

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis